So as many of you can empathize, I am quite busy.
On top of graduate school classes, homework, internship and clients, I have work, and my assistantship, plus having an actual relationship with my bf and friends and occasionally eating or sleeping. Please notice that that is eating OR sleeping as having time for both and quite unreasonable.
So after having 12 hours of internship and class yesterday, from 8am to 8pm, I was quite tired when I got home. Friday is my day of having no class so if I don't hear from a client wanting to meet or my assistantship, or a classmate asking to get together for a project by around 4pm the Thursday, I try and book myself some proactive things to do, homework, progress notes, meetings etc. So this time I book a meeting at my internship so I can accumulate some hours so that if I ever get sick I can take some time off.
So I get home last night make something quick to eat and pass out by like 8:45 [unintentional & thankgoodness my alarm was set!!]
So I wake up at 7am to two e-mails both from a partner I am working on a project with not due until late October. The first sent at like 930pm saying want to work on the project at 8am. The second sent at like 6:45am saying you said you had no class on Fridays I will be there at 8am to work.
With less than 12 hours of notice and late at night, this person expected me to have nothing planned for Friday and to be able to work with them at the drop of the hat.
I explained to them that I don't just sit around doing nothing on Fridays and yes I have no class but I remain proactive if no one schedules anything with me, and I need more than 12 hours notice of time to be able to meet up.
Of course this was done in a nicer more professional way I am just venting here.
So tell me am I being unreasonable for asking for more than 12 hours notice when someone wants to work on something?On the bright side. Tomorrow bf & I are going Halloween decoration shopping=]
xoxo.

Not unreasonable at all! You need to take care of yourself too, girl! Don't forget it's important to schedule time for you.
ReplyDeleteGet some rest and good luck with the work thing!
ReplyDeleteIf you ever decide to get the cluster necklace, be sure to send a message so I give you the discount. If I get a minute, I'll list another one in pink. :)