Yay!! Book Club Friday!!!
One of my favorite things to blog about.
What do you do?
Grab the button and then link up here!!
This weeks book is:
50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James
"When
literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young
entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful,
brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to
realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she
is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty,
wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his
own terms.
Shocked
yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all
the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth,
his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the
need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately
physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her
own dark desires.Erotic,
amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that
will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever." Source.
50 Shades of Darker by E.L. James
"Daunted
by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented
young entrepreneur
Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their
relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. But
desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when
he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle
their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the
harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.
While
Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the
anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most
important decision of her life." Source
50 Shades of Freed by E.L. James
"When
unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and
dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair
that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and,
ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a
deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.
Now,
Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a
world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her
Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose
challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn
to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own
identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he
wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.
Just
when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle,
misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn
to reality." Source
♥
Now, I know ALOT of women disagree, but a lot of women agree.
But I LOVED this book.
So the plot is a weak, the writing is not the best & its quite repetitive.
Shit was sexy as hell!!!
I couldn't stop reading any of them.
I constantly dreamed of Christian Grey while reading it & can not wait for the movie.
Most likely going to cause a baby boom!!
I love, I give 10/10, love love love, couldn't stop reading!


I think I really am the only one who hasn't read the series yet! :)
ReplyDeleteI've heard about these books multiple times, but your review may just be what gets me to pick one up! xx
ReplyDeleteI couldn't stop reading them either! Yes, there were parts I didn't enjoy, but overall I'm a fan of the series.
ReplyDeletehaha. I think it annoys me when people say it's poor writing. Because I honestly didn't agree. It's a different narrative than most books (reminded me a lot of the narrative in Speak). I was actually really surprised at how tame the sex was. Everyone talked it up like it was dirty smut, but I've read way worse LOL
ReplyDelete