As a blogger I tend to try to keep my posts happy and fun.
However, once in a while I use this as an outlet to some of my frustrations.
Kind of like a diary, and mostly because I love all of your input and truly value what you all have to say.
Well today is one of those times that I must use this as a way to distress or I am going to explode!!
Alright.
So as most of you know I am finishing up my last few credits of graduate school.
I can not wait to be done for many reasons.
Consisting of not wanting any more debt, ready to be done with purchasing textbooks and long classes, late nights and stress. Most of all I am ready to move out of college housing.
My fiance and I live together but due to the fact that we are both students and have to work limited hours during the semester, college housing is the option that made most sense. We live in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house which is awesome, but the sharing with other people is not so awesome.
Last semester it worked out great.
My fiance and I lived with a really good friend of mine and another kid who hardly ever leaves his room and is quiet and keeps to himself and is clean!
However, my friend got an internship in her hometown and moved back leaving a bedroom open.
Well my awesome landlord, although doing the best job that he could filled the room with someone he thought would be appropriate for our needs.
Our needs being someone who understands that we have to wake up early for internship, go to bed early, are not partiers & people who keep the apartment very clean.
Well this new roommate said this was no problem and stated that these needs described his needs as well.
Let me start of by saying, we are in no way unreasonable. We aren't people who go to bed at like 9pm, or anything like that. Just people who go to bed at a reasonable hour and take school seriously.
Also I am not like ridiculously obsessed with a clean apartment.
Just do you dishes in a reasonable time, don't mess with my things, and if you make a mess on the counter clean it up.
Does anyone think I am sounding unreasonable?
[pictures from weheartit]
Alright.
So as most of you know I am finishing up my last few credits of graduate school.
I can not wait to be done for many reasons.
Consisting of not wanting any more debt, ready to be done with purchasing textbooks and long classes, late nights and stress. Most of all I am ready to move out of college housing.
My fiance and I live together but due to the fact that we are both students and have to work limited hours during the semester, college housing is the option that made most sense. We live in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house which is awesome, but the sharing with other people is not so awesome.
Last semester it worked out great.
My fiance and I lived with a really good friend of mine and another kid who hardly ever leaves his room and is quiet and keeps to himself and is clean!
However, my friend got an internship in her hometown and moved back leaving a bedroom open.
Well my awesome landlord, although doing the best job that he could filled the room with someone he thought would be appropriate for our needs.
Our needs being someone who understands that we have to wake up early for internship, go to bed early, are not partiers & people who keep the apartment very clean.
Well this new roommate said this was no problem and stated that these needs described his needs as well.
Let me start of by saying, we are in no way unreasonable. We aren't people who go to bed at like 9pm, or anything like that. Just people who go to bed at a reasonable hour and take school seriously.
Also I am not like ridiculously obsessed with a clean apartment.
Just do you dishes in a reasonable time, don't mess with my things, and if you make a mess on the counter clean it up.
Does anyone think I am sounding unreasonable?
So move in new roommate.
The very first night he started off by telling my fiance and I how he loves to buy expensive beers & typically has a beer a night to unwind. Oh and also that he intends to brew his own beer in our apartment.. awesome.
We explain to him we are really not drinkers and although we do drink once in a while it is more for celebrations and once in a while occasions. Here we also explain our early schedules and how we keep our apartment clean.
So from here on he:
Doesn't take his shoes off at the door tracking in all the salt and dirty snow all over my JUST vacuumed carpets and floors.
Removes my just washed still wet dishes from MY strainer and puts them all on the counter including my silverware and cups rims down so where our mouths go on the counter tops he just dirtied.
Leaves a mess all of the counter without wiping it down.
Decided to make bread and did a shotty job at wiping up the flower and missed cleaning it up off the floor and left if all over my crock pot.
When I asked him not to take my dishes out of the strainer when they are wet and if he does take them out when they are dry to make sure he doesnt put the part where our mouths touch on the counter, he decided to not use the strainer any more and use all of OUR paper towels to dry his dishes.
Takes all our dishcloths and leaves them randomly all over the kitchen without putting them away.
Sets off the smoke detector everytime he cooks.
Yells on the phone until late hours of the night and sleeps with his tv on super loud.
I have tried talking to him a few times however, things are not getting much better.
I end up having to clean up after him because I am unwilling to let the kitchen be disgusting for more than 3 days.
I am thinking about talking to the landlord because I am not going to deal with getting no sleep during internship and will absolutley not pay for the stains hes causing to our carpets with is shoes.
He makes me wanna freakkkkk out!!!
Well any advice, comments, similar stories or empathy will be greatly appreciated!!
Mostly I just needed a place to vent.
Thanks♥
xoxo![pictures from weheartit]


oh I so wish I could offer some advice...I have avoided living with people until I got married for the sole purpose of not wanting to deal with the drama of living with another person...it is hard enough living with a spouse..lol..I had one roomate once in my life..she was a good friend..she is not anymore.
ReplyDeletenuff said.
I really hope though that this all works out for you! Grad school is SO brutal..I am SO ready to be done.
oh i'm sorry girl. i wish i could give you advice but i think you just need to talk to your landlord. i hope this guy gets his act together so you don't have to deal with him.
ReplyDeletexoxo, jamie
Ohhh I know the feeling.. My husband and I had a roomate when we were engaged and he was a mess! It was like he had never lived outside of his parents house.. I would definitely talk to your landlord. You need a more serious person.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I am so sorry. What a terrible situation.
ReplyDeleteMy advice would be to talk to your landlord and don't confront the guy anymore, let your landlord do his job.
Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com
Twin! I'm so sorry! I completely understand! You should definitely talk to your landlord since you have that option! (I didn't) Especially since he's causing problems that may impact you getting your security deposit back. Roommate are a nightmare!
ReplyDeleteGood job working out so much! Go us! Let me know which Half you decide on!
oh my. this person sounds very inconsiderate. it's hard living with people, especially when they aren't someone your in love with! good luck with it all! at least it isn't permanent.
ReplyDeleteOMG! This guy sounds soooo immature. You have to draw the line somewhere, I think it is about time to go and talk to your landlord. The sooner the better sweetie.
ReplyDelete